Sunday 11 November 2012

Angling Trust Winter League - Round 3

Avington, on Kennet and Avon Canal.

  • A3
  • 3lb 9oz
  • 3rd in section
  • Won section by DOUBLE default (lucky)
Kennet and Avon canal is a venue that I really enjoy fishing and have done for many years,  so I was excited about fishing match.  However, after a sudden frost, very bright and no boat traffic (as they are doing work at Foxfield) the canal is going to fish hard today.  Last weeks match was won with 5lb, which is a poor weight for Avington, as I think it's one of the best parts of the canal (there are many) but it is very scenic and is full of fish,  not a lot more you can ask for really.

My plan of attack was to start on bread, then fish worms after thirty minutes to look for a early bonus and then on bloodworm to back up my bonus fish!?  However, this didn't really go to plan,   I had a 6oz roach first chuck followed by 4oz roacb, looked good, but that was my lot!!!  After that I only caught tiny fish no matter what I done, no bites on the chop worm which was very disappointing, but the team won this round and we have a one point lead over Sensas A4 which was a high light of the day  Next round is again on Avington next week, hopefully it will fish a little better (all depending on the weather).




 
No perch this weekend, caught some tiny roach, 40 to the pound.  Plenty of bites but not enough to do any damage against the A1 and A2.
 
Well done to Colin Wainwright for winning the match with 7lb 3oz

No comments:

Post a Comment