Sunday 3 February 2013

Bob Warren Memorial on the Kennet and Avon Canal at Bath

  • Peg 11 (not an end peg...... i wish it was!!)
  • 5lb 13oz
  • Section Win
  • 2nd Overall
  • 33 anglers fished

I haven't fished Kennet and Avon canal at Bath for about three years since the last semi final matches and them matches didn't go well for me.  Steve Long (he has a fast van) encouraged me to fish Bob Warden Memorial match and said he would book me in and sort my bait out.  Can't get fairer than that.  
 
The match organiser also had pairs match on also, so me and Steve went in for and we ended up drawing next to each other (peg 11 and 12 at Darlington Wharf..... I think).  The match started very slow for me and Steve and didn't help a boat moving off just into the match, where we just fed.  Our bread lines were devoid of fish and therefore I looked for a early perch on half a lob worm and lucky enough it went under twice for two perch both about a pound a piece.  Happy days!!
 
After an hour of stracthing my ass and rotating lines I started catching tiny roach on joker, but at least I was putting something in the net and also I was lucky to net 2lb perch on size 26 hook IM1 and 0.064 Colmic Stream Line. 

I was pleased to weigh in 5lb 13oz, especially after Kevin Dicks telling me that this wasn't the best of areas.  The match raised £231.20 in aid of Lung Research.  Many thanks for the people that run the match


 

 
1st Steve Hutchinson 6lb 9oz
2nd Chris Telling 5lb 13oz
3rd Andy Ottaway 5lb 9oz
4th Joe McMann 5lb 8oz
5th Jamie Cox 5lb 7oz
6th Darren Gillman 5lb 6oz
 
 
 
If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright © For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment