Saturday 15 June 2013

Windmill Pool - Manor Farm Lesisure

  • Peg 1
  • 82lb
  • 1st place
  • 10 anglers fished

Peg 1, Windmill

With strong winds and heavy rains from the night before this was going to have a negative effect on todays fishing match, however I would and did predict that 100lb will be needed to win.
10 anglers fished todays match and therefore we all had plenty of room. I drew peg 1 which is a peg that I never ever drawn before.  I was a little concerned as the wind was blowing hard up the other end of the lake and as we all know carp do like to follow the wind..

My margin rig was:
Jonny Walker 0.4 gram float, to 0.185 Colmic x500 and 0.145 Colmic Stream
14 Colmic 501 hook
Orange Vespe bi core elastic.

I fed 4mm coarse pellet and corn


I had a nightmare from 1.15 to 2.30pm as I lost about 6 fish, which was frustrating to say the least.
Then had 8 fish from 2.30pm to 3pm and 1 fish in last 30 mins.  I felt that i should of had 130lb as a did loose dozen fish in the snags.

Open Match Results – Saturday 15th June – Windmill Lake

1ST                   CHRIS TELLING                    82-12-0
Colmic Peg 1
2ND                   PETE UPTON                                   67-12-0
Banbury Gunsmiths Peg 15
3RD                   CHRIS PEET                           63-0-0
Banbury Gunsmiths Peg 29
4TH                   DANNY ADEY                      62-8-0
Wythal RBL Peg 10
5TH                   ANDY GRIMES                      60-4-0
Arthur’s Angling Supplies Peg 24



If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright © For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment