Thursday 19 December 2013

Manor Farm Leisure - Island pool

  • Peg 6
  • 52lb 10oz
  • 1st place
  • 16 fished

After some friendly banter with me and Shaun Little about drawing flyers, and stating peg 6 was the peg to be, I was lucky enough to draw it, maybe a birthday present?! So I took so abuse for drawing the best peg on the lake.

After a load of rain yesterday, the lake fished really hard, by Manor Farm's standards.

I caught one F1 after 1 hour, after 2.5 hours I had 10lb. I was worried that I had messed this up badly.
The next 2.5 hours saw me catch 5 carp for 42lb and lost 2 big fish. I fished tight to the far bank with smelly meat and a little PVA bag. I should of done it sooner, but chucked the lead around the peg looking for liners and signs of fish. Which didn't really happen. Didn't get any liners even when I fished tight against the Island... fish aren't moving, but there was a few fish topping around the lake... so figure that out?!

I should of caught a lot more, I should of realised that bites were taking a long time to come, up to 50 minutes!  Sometimes it's best to chuck and ith 100lb! 
I had an enjoyable few hours, caught 5 on the bomb and bread and had 12 fish on the pole. The last couple of hours was really tough. After 1.30pm i should of gone to the pub, as i didn't catchleave it, I find this difficult as I ith 100lb! 

I had an enjoyable few hours, caught 5 on the bomb and bread and had 12 fish on the pole. The last couple of hours was really tough. After 1.30pm i should of gone to the pub, as i didn't catch.do get bored, but on certain pegs and this time of year, it is best to do this.   With 50lb to 70lb framing at the moment, then you only need few fish, as they are averaging 8lb or more sometimes!!!




Open Match Results – Thursday 19th December – Island Pool – Affordable Open

1ST                   CHRIS TELLING                    52-10-0
Colmic Airon Peg 6
2ND                    BARRY DUGGAN                45-0-0
Warwick Portobello Peg 8
3RD                   MARK RUSSELL                    42-0-0
Banbury Gunsmiths Peg 25
4TH                   SHAUN LITTLE                    39-4-0
Map Marukyu Peg 35
5TH                   PETE LEWIS                                    38-4-0
Golden Oldies
 
If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright © For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

 

No comments:

Post a Comment