Sunday 15 June 2014

Oxford Summer League - Round 1

E3 (road side)
9lb 14oz 8.
Section win
2nd overall
Team came 2nd.

I haven't fished a silver fish match since the Angling Trust Winter Semi on Kennet and Avon canal, where I blow out on an end peg!



I do love canal fishing, but I do fear that team fishing is on rapid decline, as our Oxford Summer Leage has gone down to six teams.   So the days of big fishing matches on natural venues a thing of the past?? I hope not, especially as everybody in match caught plenty of roach, they may if been small, but as an average, I would I imagine we average over 100 roach per angler. So 36 x 100 is 3600 roach. Wow. The canal is full of fish. 



I had an enjoyable day, caught about 180 roach for 5lb and have 5 small skimmers and a very lucky bream!

If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright © For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment