Sunday 5 October 2014

Oxford Winter League - Abingdon round 1

  • H7 (end peg flyer)
  • 9lb 10oz
  • 7 anglers in a section (but one guy didn't turn up)
  • Won section
  • 7th overall
  • 55 anglers fished

Our fishing match on the River Thames at Abingdon and Cullham was going to be tough, as the river was slow, clear, bright sun and a morning frost.  I was lucky to draw an end peg in the woods, which I did get lost, as I walked past my peg and an old lady said " I think you may have gone too far".  Which I had.

The peg was a around 10 foot and and 35 meters wide.  No fish topped and looked like it was going to be a tough one, which it was.   

 
6 small skimmers, 1 1lb 8oz perch and a few roach

 If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright © For any use of content (words and images) please contact me
 

No comments:

Post a Comment