Saturday 25 July 2015

Ivy House Lakes

Peg 29 Willow
49lb
3rd overall
16 fished

With the wind off our backs, this could be another tough days fishing.  Edge fish are important at Ivy House Lakes, but you normally need ripple in order for the fish to come down and feed confidently, no ripple = no edge fish (normally).

Draw next to Gary Etheridge, which wouldn't take me on a £1 side bet.....   I would fish for carp for the first 30 minutes and then hopefully the last hour and fish for skimmers in the middle.

It fished really hard, Baggy was doing well, but our bank was rock hard.   I had fish come down the edge, which broke the rule book, but unfortunately still managed to foul hook a couple, which I frustrating lost, I was lucky and had a 10lb Ghostie at the death which was no problem for my Colmic Airon F44 pole!




I had 10lb ghost carp at the death, that got me out of trouble!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment