Sunday 26 July 2015

Manor Farm Leisure

Peg 19 Middle
111lb 8oz
2nd Overall
28 fished

I drew on Middle Pool, peg 19 which is the shallow end of the lake, and the wind was blowing over my back to start with, which was concerning, as ideally wanted the wind to be howling into me.  So if honest was a little disappointed.  Also.there was a match on the other bank, and they all seemed to be struggling. 
As I started kitting up my Colmic Airon F44 pole the wind started to turn and was blowing to my left.  Mark Hemming came up before the match started and was suprised of lack of movement.

I was going to fish a simple match, pellets out and groundbait with dead maggot down the edge. Simple.  Set up a straight lead, but was concerned as there was a guy on peg 16.  So hoped to catch on the pole.

As soon as the match started I shipped out to 14.5 meters with a toss pot full of 4 mm pellets and a banded 6mm pellet on the hook.  I had a bite straight away, good sign and caught well ish for the first hour, quite a few carp and therefore feed my margin line after 40 mintues hoping that it could be a red letter day.... It wasn't.

I struggled to catch down the edge, only 2 BIG F1's and a small mirror carp.  Was pleased to catch 111lb to win section and second overall.  I forgot how good manor farm leisure is!!  If you look at the board weights I would say the average weight was 50lb and you needed 80lb to win sections.  Good weights in bad conditions.

Well done to Mark Hemming for winning the match, I said before we started that I never beat him at Manor Farm Leisure.





Open Match Results – Sunday 26th July – Island and Middle Pools


1ST MARK HEMMING 116-8-0
Lodge Park Peg 23 Island

2ND CHRIS TELLING 111-8-0
Colmic Peg 19 Middle

3RD STEVE BEARD 100-12-0
Shipston AC Peg 29 Middle

4TH TERRY HICKS 91-4-0
Cotswold Angling Peg 4 Island

5TH MAL OAKWELL 85-12-0
Cotswold Angling Peg 19 Island

6TH DEAN BOWERMAN 83-4-0
Cotswold Angling Peg 13 Island


If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me


No comments:

Post a Comment