Sunday 28 February 2016

Manor Farm Leisure - Ash, Boundary, Island and Middle Pool

  • Peg 22 Middle Pool
  • 53lb
  • second in section/lake
  • Third overall
  • 30 fished 
Lucky to catch a few untis late

Drew peg 22 Middle pool, which can be a good area, but with Middle Pool you never know!!   Peg 22 Middle Pool is the shallow part of the lake and we have had a really cold Eastley wind, and will this in my face, with 20 mph winds, I could struggle,  BUT only five of us on the lake!!!  Bonus.

No fish fish on the bread, flavoured bread, yellow meat, boilie or pellet feeder I was concerned.  After three hours I had 2 carp and four tiny stockies ( need to use a separate for these little beauties).  I reckon I had 8lb.  Rung a few mates, to realise that the lakes were fishing tough, so sat it out at 16 meters of my trusty Colmic Airon F44 and had 8 fish in last 1 hour and thirty mintues, lost a munter at the net,  couldn't get it in, got half of the common in my 18 inch net, but managed to get out and thenl lost it a few seconds later, a bit gutted as this has maybe cost me second in the match!  To make matters worse lost another, that was foul hooked, which almost got into Bottom pole, and the hook only pulled out, unreal this Spider Line at 0.11!! 

But, I was lucky again to have a 9lber at the death, so swings in roundabouts.....

I caught everything on the pole.  Fished light.  Feed about 1/4 pint of 4mm pellets.  

Liam Dennick won the match and destroyed me off the next peg!!  

Neil McKinnon won Boundary Pool and came second overall.  Well done Neil ( less moaning please 😉).  A lot of fish were caught on the pole today across all the lakes.


1st Liam Dennick. 74 lb
25 Middle Pool

2ND NEIL MCKINNON 65-6-0
Preston Innovations Peg 31 Boundary

3RD CHRIS TELLING 53-12-0
Colmic Peg 22 Middle

4TH JASON MORRIS 52-0-0
Stratford Fishing & Outdoors Peg 18 Ash

JOINT 5TH DAVE SIMPKINS 51-8-0
Middy Enterprise Angling Peg 19 Boundary

JOINT 5TH STEVE PARTINGTON 51-8-0
Arthur’s Angling Supplies Peg 35 Boundary

30 fished. Commons, mirrors, F1s and skimmers caught on pole and pellet and groundbait feeder.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment