Sunday 21 February 2016

Manor Farm Leisure

Peg 12 Island
81lb
Won section
5th Overall.
18 fished.

Normally I would be well chuffed to draw this peg, as its a flyer.  Haven't drawn this area for months!!!  However, concerned with 40mph to 50 mph winds in my face.  This was going to be challenging to cast 60 yards to the island.

I started on the bread, to hopefully catch some "mug" fish.  No joy.  On went the shellfish boilie with a tea bag, full of goodies.  Err, no bites.   Chris Cameron was catching well on peg 35 Island Pool and Liam Dennick was catching on Middle Pool 11.
  
So on went pellet feeder and proper punching me Colmic Next Adventure 60 rod.  Within mintues it dropped back, so a quick couple of winds of my Colmic Zartan reel I ha hooked the the fish, which turn out to e a 8lb common carp, so pleased with that.  So continued to fish the pellet feeder with various hook baits and caught well, apart from 1 o'clock to 2.15pm where I caught nothing.  Despite pinging 6mm pellets at 18 meters, no bites or liners.  This and the wind cost me the match.  But hey ho, had a good day considering the conditions were difficult on our bank.  60 yard cast not the easiest.  But not pluging the gear, but no cracks off or broken gear!!

11 Foot Next Adventure 60
400 Zartan reel
Feeder pro 2 0.20
Pellet feeder
Groundbait/ mirco's 
Various hook baits

The New Colmic boxes are coming.


1st WARREN JENNINGS 103-2-0
H T Angling Peg 22 Middle
2nd LIAM DENNICK 93-8-0
Evesham Youth Peg 11 Middle
3rd STEVE FORD 90-14-0
Daiwa / Old Ghost Peg 31 Island
4th JASON MORRIS 89-0-0
Stratford Fishing & Outdoors Peg 23 Island
5th CHRIS TELLING 81-4-0
Colmic Peg 12 Island
6th CHRIS CAMERON 80-0-0
Middy / Old Ghost Peg 35 Island

If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment