Saturday 11 June 2016

Ivy House Lakes

Peg 2
41lb
Won silvers (25lb)
5th overall
12 fished

The beauty of fishing the Match Lake Ivy House Lakes is you never know where the winner will come from, theres no noted flyers!  Don't get me wrong the wind can help you of course, you draw pegs 1 or 19 with the wind blowing into it, then that more favourable, same as if it was blowing the other end, Pegs 10 and 11 would be better.  There is a large head of skimmers on Match Lake and Willow.  The favourable area tends to be around pegs 12, 13, 14, 4, 5, however you can win the Silver Pool from potentially any peg, as I have proved over the last two years (not been big headed).

How I would fish Ivy House Lakes.
(match lake)

Set up.

Colmic Airon F44 pole
Colmic hollow elastics (white 1.5mm skimmers and blue 2.3 for carp)
Colmic F1 Spider Line
Colmic Stream hook lengths (0.125 carp and 0.10 skimmers)

Colmic Mikes and Jon Walker pellet diamonds.

Line 1.

No matter where I draw on the Match Lake I will ALWAYS start at 4 sections of my Colmic Airon F44 pole, which is just under six meters.  I will have a negative pellet attack.  I toss pot 10 pellets before I feed anything else anywhere else in hope for a early carp or BIG skimmer.  This works 95% of the time and feed my Line 2 worm mix.

Line 2

My Worm mix is like a paste and it works on lots of different venues, I caught a lot if fish at Rolfs Lake too.  I did have the silver record there too.  How I prefer my worm mix is simple, wash worms off to make easy cutting and then add Micros, caster, corn, Bait Tech special G or Bait Tech F1.  I didnt  feed three kilos of worms to catch over 100lb of skimmers.  I do dislike people that spread or try to spread rumours.  Who can afford to feed 3kg of worms on one match.  I rarely feed more than 700 grams of worms, as it's bulked out with other key ingredients to catch your target fish (2lb to 3lb bream).  I honestly believe my mix is better than a standard mix of "chop worm and caster" and is less risky than cupping in a lot of groundbait in.  Results do the talking.  Enough said.

Line 3

Long pellet line.  This is something I haven't got sorted.  One thing with me, I don't lie.  All my posts on my blog are honest and truthful.   Pellets are important as if you fish worms all day your unlikely to win both.  So pellets have to be on your bait table.  
"Mugging" fish has been difficult at the moment.  I mugged two fish in today's match, one 7lb mirror carp and 6lb Grass Carp.  I lost two carp in last hour, one was about 7lb to 8lb that was wallowing around and pulled out, gutted!!!  Also hooked another that took me under the ROPE!!  I can't stress how strong Colmic poles really are, they don't break.

Line 4

Margins.  Ideally you need room and ripple.  If you have both,  then your lucky ( Martyn Howard draw).  My set up is 0.152 spider to Colmic Mike float and 18 hook.  This line is incredibly strong and has a fluro Tech, and will get you more bites!!
The fish are in beautiful condition at Ivy House Lakes


Well done to Liam Dennick on another match win
Liam also writes his own blog
 




No comments:

Post a Comment