Saturday 29 April 2017

Lindholme - Commerical Masters

Peg 10 Bonsia
14kg 950
8th in section
No good

An early start for me, left my house at 4am to get Lindholme.  On arrival, we soon realised it was going to be really tight pegging in places with every peg in after speaking to Des Shipp and Jon Arthur.  So some luck is going to be needed?!

Drew peg 10 on Bonsia, which ain't the best of areas.  From experience of the venue, was going to get beat to my left on the early pegs and people that have a bit of room.  Which I had none.  Emma Pickering 6 yards to my left and Jake Robinson 6.5 yards to my right and a guy opposite in my gap.  Things looked bleak......  So been realistic, was fishing worms and casters for anything that could swim.  



So I kitted up Colmic Devil float (see below)

This had a bulk of number ten shot 4 inches from hook.  Simple.

Then kitted up a Colmic Professional float (see below)

This had a strung bulk.  I kitted them up all with 0.135 F1 Spider line to 0.103 Stream me 18 WN501 hook.

The match

On the all in, I shipped my Colmic F66 pole to the island 14.5 meters away with small amount of worms in my toss pot and caught an Ide straight away and then a couple of small F1's.... Looking round, it was fishing ok and I felt it would get tougher as the match went on, and sure enough it got mega tough once the "idiot" (mug) were caught. 

Tough day to be honest.  A nice event, but £65 entry for 6 yard pegging isn't really value for money?

My section below.



Full results below.  Congratulations to Lindholme for winning the event.




If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright © For any use of content (words and images) please contact me


No comments:

Post a Comment