Sunday 18 June 2017

Alvechurch fishery


Fished Alvechurch charity match today.  The aim was to raise as much money as possible for Prostate Cancer.  So Mark Olds (owner) kindly donated the venue for free.  So all peg fees went straight to the charity.
25 anglers fished the match across Arrow Lake (8) and Colmic Canal (17).  So they gave us some room, which was great.  I hoped to draw Arrow as this is the only lake I ain't fished, however I drew peg 20 on canal.  Which was fine, was concerned about the gap in the reeds on the far bank.  As this was and did cause a few problems with carp charging through the swim....
Had a really nice day, a bit frustrating in last 40 minutes with the carp.... Had 22lb of carp on pellets, lost loads, and missed bites.   The edge was unreal for about me hour I caught 25lb of Ide and 35lb of barbel on casters and worms down the edge.  So my total 82lb for 2nd overall.  Stephen Bellion won it with 90lb, on peg 16 canal, well done.  Arrow Lake fished hard, not surprising in 28oc heat, but Gary Smith won it with over 50lb of Ide, a fantastic weight of fish.
More importantly we raised over £1600 for cancer.
Special thanks to all those that donate prizes... There was loads.
Big thank you to Mark Olds, Phil Evans and the girls for making it happen.  Had a couple of burgers, despite me trying to catch a munter from House Lake on my Colmic Thor pole.  Had one about 11lb 


If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright © For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment