Monday 11 September 2017

Whiteacres - Swindon go on Tour 2017

Day One
Gwinear
77lb
Peg 53
No good.
22 fished

I had a brilliant first hour, caught 9 carp and then it just died.  The peg never came back.  Really strange.



,



X





Day Two
Gold
17lb 12oz
Peg 10 canal
Won section.
Think I won lake
90 odd fished

As we all were hoping a draw on Twin Oaks, I had to settle for a draw on canal.  Peg 10 too... not good.  But hey I'm on holiday and try and make best of a bad situation, and there was three sections paying  £50.  So therefore, something worth fishing for.

I knew Canal was going to be tough. So decided to fish a negative pellet match.   Which was the right decision, but only caught in the first 45 mintues and the last 30 mintues.   Most of the match was unbelievably tough, couldn't even catch on casters shallow or on deck.  So gave up on that.

Was pleased to win my section with 17lb.





Most of the weights from Canal.   I was second on the lake.  

Day Three
Peg 3 Mawgan Porth
66lb
4th overall
Won section by default


Shame, caught well, but carp with getting spooked.  Caught in three spells.


Day four
Peg 25
Trewaters
60lb.
No good.

Always take the rough with smooth and today you wanted to be in that rough water and I was in smooth and struggled to catch.  Had a few on the pellet feeder.








Day Five
The best draw in rover I've ever had, peg 5.
Peg 13 Twin Oaks
73lb
Messed it up
6th overall

I've been going to Whiteacres for 6 years, and this lowest I've ever been in the Rover!!! I was due a "bung hole".  So I wanted to get to peg 16 Twin Oaks, or as close as possible.  So had to settle for peg 13.  Peg 18 was in, but corner pegs are risky, so played it safe?



If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright © For any use of content (words and images) please contact me


No comments:

Post a Comment