Sunday 19 November 2017

Round 5 Angling Trust Winter league- Marlborough

F1
3lb 9oz
Won section
Team won on the day.
48 fished.

Back to Marlborough on the K&A for the fifth round on the Upper Thames winter league. 

Its a little difficult to get really motivated for this match, as unfortunately the team has had a couple of blow outs in the previous rounds of the winter league.  So now for me, I'm getting the lobs out for a change and fish the winter leagues as opens.  Therefore hoped for one of these famous end pegs, which I got.  However, it was the same peg as I had last week, but it was an end.  So happy days?!

So end peg, potential framing peg?  With 14 end pegs out of 48 pegs, I wouldn't say this is one of the better ones..... but still have a chance of double figures.  So I collect 50 lob worms last night, and have 1/2 kg of dens, which is going in.  Don't see the point of sitting on the lob worms, so would rotate between worms and a squatt line at 9 meters.  One line too, don't like spitting the fish up, "safety in numbers" and pick the fish off in a one meter square in this clear water.  Also I caught a lot of my roach 6 inches off the bottom.

Gear Used

Colmic Airon F66 pole

Senna and Lux floats
0.10 to 0.06

Chop float.  Jon Walker.
0.145 to 0.125

Tried to win the match, but failed.  I had 20 fish on lob worm, but tiny perch, for 2lb.


Nice to draw an end peg, especially in a tough section.






Teams on the day
Colmic Devizes
GBMV
Gordon League

If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright © For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment