Sunday 5 November 2017

Upper Thames Winter league. ROUND 4. DEVIZES

Peg H4
3lb
3rd in section.
Team was third on the day.

I was hoping for to draw Foxhangers  (A Section) or the top the Pile (B Section), but unfortunately I drew H section and on arrival to my peg I had no feature.  This was hard for me to get truely motivated as the Team has no chance of qualifying for the final at Decoy / Drains, and therefore this was an open match for us, and where I had draw it was going to be alomost impossible to frame or even win the section from this peg.... not making excuses, but I feel the best canal angler in the country wasn't going to catch 8lb from this peg.   So no wheel spinning in car park or throwing my toys out the pram, I was going to try and catch what I can and accept that it was always going to be a tough match for me. 

I am always positive when I fish, don't believe that you win sections and matches by been negative normally.  But been realistic I honestly felt if i'd fished for big fish all match it could be the most unproductive 5 hours fishing of my life.  so therefore decided to fish early and late for a bonus fish, as this is normally when they feed.  I started on bread, and hoped id catch a BIG skimmer, I felt this was my best chance, so put in a full pot of bread (400 ml) and catch on a 5mm punch.  This result in 3 tiny roach.... gutted so onto the worm, where I was lucky enough to get one bite on the worm down the track, which resulted in a 6oz perch (I thought they were all 2lb??!!) and that was my only bite.

Unfortunately now I was going to play the numbers game and catch anything that swims on a squatt or pinkie on the 3/4 quarter line.  100 tiny fish went about 2lb and had one 6oz skimmer out of the blue....  Frustrating as I don't know how I could of caught much more from this peg.  The last forty mintues of the match I tried again to catch a big fish, which didn't happen.

Gear used.

Colmic Airon F66
Senna float 4 x 10 / 4 x 12 / 4 x 14
0.105 X-5000 mainline and 0.064 Stream
24 B2000

---

Chop rigs.   0.145 to 0.115 18 N600.

Fish are tiny.... this was biggest fish 

Lack of feature, lack of bonus fish


Liquidised bread with Impressive Mix

If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright © For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment