Sunday 11 February 2018

Manor Farm Leisure- Island, Windmill and Middle Pools

Peg 26 Middle Pool
54lb 4oz
2nd in section / lake
4th overall
104 pegs
18 anglers fished the match.

Graham from the shop asked me today where I'd like to draw, I said "peg 27 Middle Pool.  Then I drew peg 26 Middle Pool, nice draw, but peg 28 is in and that will slow me down.  Then found out I was next to Fordy on peg 28.... so a bit of banter, reminded him that the last time I drew peg 26 I done the venue record.....

The match 

The match started a big slow and I caught 2 F1's on the pellet feeder with 2mm Marukyu Method Pellets with a 4mm Amino on the hook.

The pole was not great.  And I did get a run of fish on pole mid match and towards the end.  But Fordy gave me a whooping from start to finish.


I fished long pole at 14 meters on a Marukyu 4mm Amino Pellet, simply put a small amount of water to softener them up and I feed and fish them via a lasso.  I find this very effective as you get more bites than a standard "dry hard" pellet.   




Gear used;

Colmic Airon  F66 Pole.
0.2 gram float, with a stung bulk to 0.145 to 0.10mm hook length.

If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me


No comments:

Post a Comment