Saturday 19 May 2018

Heronbrook- MAM

Peg 17 Match Pool
75lb
Won section
91 fished

I wish Heronbrook was closer, so another early start this morning.  Hoping to draw Match Lake, but draw Match Pool, a lake that i have never fished.

There was only ten of us fishing the lake, so we had plenty of room, however two end pegs in the section and two decent anglers on each one, this going to be difficult to qualify.....

I decided to go all out pellet attack and maggots and mirco pellets down the edge.  I had a fanastic start, the first forty mintues was really good, mainly caught carp on 6mm Marukyu JPZ at 14 meters on the "mud line".   I toss potted all my feed, and when bites faded, i loose feed pellets to encourage more fish into my peg, i felt this wasnt right, to begin with, but muscled through it and the peg did come back and i did have a furly of fish on the "mong" which was mega for 10 mintues.

I felt i was beat by Mr Llyod off the next peg, and even offered a £20 side bet, that he beat me..... glad now he didn't take it.... he caught way more fish than me, but loads smaller.



Gear used

Garbolino UK1 POLE
Mosella Ozone 2mm hollow elastic
0.1 and 0.2 Jon Walker floats
0.16 to 0.12
Guru pellet hook.

Look at the MAM (Match Angling Matches), theres loads of matches around the country.  See link

http://www.matchanglersmatches.com/





If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment